Dessert is always a special occasion onboard the culinary-strong Motoryacht Remember When and Chef Daniela Sanchez is always ready to offer spectacular alternatives that are yummy and beautiful—in fact a work of art. The Potted Plants Dessert has been one of her best received creations and charter guests request them over and over, they also make a perfect Earth Day treat. While there are many variations possible, here are some of Chef Daniela's preferred combinations, these are neither hard to make, nor seriously gourmet, but they are really pretty and kids and adults smile plenty when they get them.
Main layer options:
- Chocolate mousse
- Chocolate pudding
- Vegan chocolate mousse
- Chocolate cheesecake
- Home-made brownies
- Home-made chocolate cake
Top layer (cookie dirt):
- Oreo cookie crumbs
- Home-made chocolate cookie crumbs
- If using brownies or chocolate cake for the main layer, the top layer can benefit from a little extra contrast, so lighter cookies work well such as honey graham crackers.
Decor Leaves and Flowers:
- Mint leaves
- Fondant sculpted leaves
- Edible flowers (optional but they add a nice touch of color)
- Glass votive candle holders (Chef Daniela's favorite)
- Mini ceramic terracotta pots
- Plastic mini dessert containers (practical alternative for younger kids, or for serving at the beach, poolside, etc).
- Wooden spoons
- Home-made cookie spoons (Chef Daniela’s favorite)
And the best place to try these whimsical creations? Of course, a luxury charter onboard Motoryacht Remember When.